Hero Blend

Introducing Our Hero Blend

Behind all great products is an inspiring story and our Hero Blend doesn’t disappoint. We have named Hero Blend as a tribute to Chappy Dave from Buderim Mountain State School. A true Hero of the community, Dave has changed the lives of countless children and families on the Sunshine Coast and inspired us to make Solid Ground much more than a coffee roasting business. Dave introduced us to the amazing work of Sunshine Coast charity, Sunny Kids and he continues to be an inspiration to us today.
True to its name, Hero is an exclusive, outstanding blend.  We use a combination of beans sourced directly, and at a fair price, from farms in Colombia, Brazil and Nicaragua. The farmers take great care to use sustainable growing methods that will preserve the land for future generations. In some instances, we have purchased entire crops, providing a level of exclusivity rarely seen in other coffee blends
Hero guarantees to satisfy all coffee lovers. The unique blend is beautifully balanced, full flavoured and incredibly smooth to drink. Hero has an amazing taste, with hints of honey pecans, bakers chocolate and vanilla.
Ethically Sourced Solid Ground Beans

Meet Our Producers

We can proudly say Hero Blend is a 100% traceable, direct trade and ethically sourced coffee, driven by relationships and sustainability. Where our coffee comes from is just as important as how well it scores when it is cupped
Colombia / Juan Tama
Organically grown by the Indigenous Producers of Juan Tama, Cauca, 25km west of the Nevado de Huila Volcano on the Cauca/Huila border. The coffee is grown at high altitude (1700 – 1900 masl) and is wash processed.
Brazil / Xavantes Lake
Sourced directly from the farms, Fazenda Sao Francisco in Sorocabana Region, and Sitio Teixeira in Norte Pioneiro Region, this coffee is sun dry processed and provides the body of our Hero Blend.
Nicaragua / Dipilto
70% of our Dipilto Blend comes from two farms - Los Cipreses & El Amparo. The remaining 30% is sourced from a small Co-Op of Farms by the team at Project Origin. Dipilto is set high in the mountains amongst some of Nicaragua’s highest peaks.
 Hero Blend Roasting Process

Meet Our Roasters

We have partnered with long-time friend, James Pedrazzini and his talented roasting team to create our Hero Blend and exclusive Single Origin coffees. Based in Kawana, and roasting daily on two custom built coffee roasters, there is always the smell of perfectly roasted coffee in the air.
 James and his team show an incredible amount of care and respect when roasting. They roast each component separately to ensure the highest levels of quality and consistency, before blending them together. Instead of roasting coffee with the aim of achieving a pre-determined taste, we roast each coffee with the goal of bringing out the best balance and flavours, or representation of that coffee.
Our roasting team go to extraordinary lengths to maintain quality and consistency. The result is an amazingly consistent blend of coffee which is the same time and again.